September is a month of Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) awareness.
As the manufacturer of 1 minute Ankle-Brachial Index measuring device, MESI ABPI MD, it is our responsibility to educate healthcare providers on all new features and technological breakthroughs that help discover diseases earlier.
We also feel responsible to remind you that Ankle-Brachial Index measurement is a crucial measurement to discover PAD in the early stages, as stated in various guidelines:
- 2016 AHA/ACC Guideline on the Management of patients with lower extremity peripheral disease,
- 2017 ESC guidelines on the diagnosis and treatment of peripheral arterial disease,
- TASC II inter-society consensus for the management of PAD
It all starts with three simple questions:
- Do you want to prevent serious complications such as heart attacks, ulcerations, amputations, and stroke?
- Do you want to prescribe safe compression to patients with lower extremity ulcerations?
- Do you want to achieve better outcomes for cardiology patients?
And all these simple questions (should) have one answer:
Measure Ankle-Brachial Index – #MeasureABI
For building awareness among the general public, there are different organizations that emphasize the danger of the disease. MESI is happy to participate in this awareness with the Healthy Arteries campaign. The project started in Slovenia and it’s now launching in Australia, New Zealand, France, Italy, Pakistan, Slovakia, Spain, and the UK. In the focus of the campaign are people in the risk group for cardiovascular diseases as they are more exposed for Peripheral Arterial Disease.
Visit healthyarteries.org to support the project and join the community as ABI measurement provider.
#measureABI for #PADawareness